Got some work done this ‘weekend’.
I recently bought a Transformer-style ladder and put it to use washing some windows. Yes, the sill needs to be painted.
I unfolded it all the way and used it to clean out the gutters. Don’t know how long they’ve been full but about 75% of it was a beautifully composted earth that I could probably sell as potting soil. Amazing.
Did a bit of chainsaw work on the interior of the east fence and got most of that dragged off. One more day on the east side, I think. Ordered a new Oregon chain for the saw; my resharpening isn’t much help after I knocked the tips off the chain. 😦
Also needed to do more repair on a pair of jeans. Another place wore through. I struggled last time because it was hard to get to. I threatened to split the jeans at the seam, make the repair with plenty of working room, then restitch the seam. This seemed like an excellent way for me to ruin a pair of jeans….
I got a seam ripper and it opened that seam up with great ease. Really a good design, particularly for $2:
It was night/day working on the patched area with the leg opened up.
But then The Pheer — putting the seam back together in a way that would not inspire onlooker laughter and/or pointing. I turned the leg inside out, ironed the seams flat, pinned them together as well as I could and sewed that sucker back up.
Turned it back out and I’d say the seam will pass casual inspection.