Microsoft has a thing called Patch Tuesday where they release software patches regularly. My own patch activity was a bit different and a good deal less professional.
I have an old robe whose belt was falling apart in two places. The first place was an 98% tear; only a couple of threads holding the bits together. So I figured I’d sacrifice a bit of length, overlap them and run a couple zigzags across. It didn’t go well.
First, I tried to do it in the direction shown rather than along the long axis; durrr. Then I smashed my thumb with the clamp/screw that holds the needle in place. Arghhh! So the ends got out of whack immediately and I ended up with this offset. Made me laugh enough that I decided to keep it.
I did a little better on the smaller repair. The belt was torn about halfway through. I backed it with a piece of denim I had around (trimmed to eliminate where Sookie had chewed on it) and sewed that down.
I’ve got a pair of jeans with a knee rip I’m going to try to patch next. I should sell tickets for the train wreck….