Mainly I wanted to get some outside work done. The recent welcome rains have slowed my progress a bit but that’s ok. Here’s some stuff I got to cross off the list so far:
- sharpen chainsaw – I used a Husqvarna file kit for my low-rise 3/8″ pitch Poulan. Didn’t know how I did until this morning when I put it to use. A noticeable difference.
- clear the saplings by the phone pole (in the background of the pic to the right) – those have been taunting me. Finally got them cut down with the freshly-sharpened chain.
- get the truck stuck in the field – ok, this wasn’t a goal but it did happen. Apparently I was overly optimistic about my ability to get a 2wd truck up there to haul the cut brush away. Little Orange Tractor to the rescue.
- picked up litter out of ditches – Sookie accompanied me on this chore so it took about 2x as long as it would have otherwise.
There are two things I’d like to finish this week: move the logs the power folks cut and left by that pole, and clean up the interior of the fenceline. Since it’s sloppy I might just walk the latter and leave the limbs down until I can get the truck in there. Also would like to inspect the chicken coop to see where I failed them before.