This was a good weekend. Got a lot done. And today is a half-day because I have a followup at the VA (hence this blog post).
- Got two sessions of work in on the east fenceline. I would have finished on Thursday but I was sickly and missed the CC and Point EDC meetings. 😦
- Picked up bike from Dallas Honda. The OEM Metzler Roadtex Z8 tire lost a strip of rubber. There is some argument about whether it was road hazard or defective tire. I took pics for Metzler and will follow up with them. Replaced it with a Continental Motion which is a well-regarded commuting tire for the NC700X.
- While I was in Dallas I picked up the Microcenter coupon freebie 32GB class 10 microSDHC card. Woot!
- Picked up a cheap power supply at Microcenter and got the “beast” machine back online. It runs a Minecraft server, etc. I am thinking about moving Plex there and maybe setting up a bitcoin P2Pool mining server on it.
- Listed my perfectly-fine Moto G on eBay. I bought this as a replacement for my beloved Note 2 that died about the time I moved to Point. But it was too hard of an act to follow; I was passionate about the Note 2 while the Moto G merely met my needs. So…
- I bought a used Note 2 off eBay for a pittance now that it is a couple generations old at this point. The 32GB micro will live in the Note. I still have the card from my old note but it now stores video for the bike’s “dashcam”.
- Working on the beast reminded me how much l like Lubuntu. Especially once I turned on the normal openbox rightclick menus.